Category Mr. Physique is intended for men who prefer less muscular, but athletic and aesthetically pleasing physique. Assessment is focused on the athletic body, proportionality, muscularity and mutual harmony of individual muscle groups. This is not a bodybuilding category, so athletes with great muscularity are assessed with lower score. The overall impression and presentation of the competitor must be pleasant, expressing energy, strength and joy of a competition. The evaluation takes into account the alteration of epidermis, color, clothing and proper posing.
Remember – the skin should be shaved and recommended spray tan should be used.
1st round – Semi-Finals (prejudging)
– Symmetry round
– Muscularity round (60% points)
2nd round – Final
– Symmetry round (40% points)
– Announcement of results
Description of the various rounds of the competition
1st round – Semi-Finals (prejudging)
Score in the 1st round:
The first round is evaluated using the following criteria:
1. Overall athletic appearance of the physique, the overall impression, hair, face, and the overall development of body shape, presenting reasonably balanced, symmetrically developed figure, appropriate alteration of epidermis. Athletes present themselves with confidence, self-control and elegance.
2. The level of overall muscle tone, achieved by training and nutrition. The muscle groups should have a nice and firm appearance with a small amount of body fat. A figure, which is considered too muscular or too skinny, will be assessed with lower score.
3. The Presentation of competitors from the point they come to the stage to the moment they leave the stage. The competitor must leave the impression of attractive, healthy and sporty man.
4. Competitors should be adequately muscular. It is not required to have the excessive separation and definition.
Semifinal consists of the following two rounds:
Symmetry round – competitors enter the stage shirtless and barefoot. They must not perform/ show anything rude, such as posing with exposed buttocks. Competitors line up in numerical order facing judges and perform four quarter turns according to orders of the head judge. “Quarter turn to the right!”
This comparison is carried out as follows:
Face front: competitors will stand with one hand resting on the hip and one leg extended forward and slightly to the side.
Quarter turn to the right: competitors perform a quarter turn to the right and turn the left side to the judge. Upper body slightly turned toward judges looking at them. Belly sucked in, chest forward, shoulders back, both arms hanging relaxed along the body, elbows bent, thumbs and fingers together, palms facing the body, arms slightly bent (in the shape of the cup). Position of the hands should cause slight rotation of the upper body to the left side with the left shoulder lower than the right one.
Quarter turn to the right: competitors perform the next quarter turn to the right and stand back to judges. Feet are apart no more than 30 cm. One hand rests on the hip, the other hand is relaxed beside the body. They stand straight, not leaning the upper body towards judges.
Quarter turn to the right: competitors perform the quarter turn to the right.
They stand right side to judges, upper body slightly turned toward judges and looking at them. Belly sucked in, chest forward, shoulders back, both arms hanging relaxed along the body, elbows bent, thumbs and fingers together, palms facing the body, arms slightly bent (in the shape of the cup). Position of the hands should cause slight rotation of the upper body to the right side with the right shoulder lower than the left one.
Quarter turn to the right = Face front: competitors perform the last quarter turn to the right and then perform relaxed pose.
a) Front Double Biceps
b) Side Chest
c) Side Triceps
d) Back Double Biceps
e) Abdominal and Thighs
Poses Front/Back Lat Spread should not be performed. As well as poses, in which the athlete shows his muscularity – (aesthetic figure is assessed)
Judges can individually compare at least 3, but not more than 5 competitors at once. The head judge, at his discretion, rejects or corrects judges’ requirements for comparison. All comparisons are placed in the middle of the stage and in order from left to right according to judges’ decision. Each judge has the right to submit at least one request for comparisons. Every competitor undergoes at least one comparison.
2nd round – Final
Top 6 competitors from the semi-finals advance to the finals, which consist of one round (promenade in loose shorts).
2nd round is as follows:
1. The top 6 finalists are invited on stage at once, in numerical order and one by one perform T – walk:
Competitor comes to the center of the stage, where he stops and makes any pose, then turns right and makes 5 steps, stops and performs any pose, then
turns left, makes 10 steps to the other side, stops and makes any pose,
the competitor then walks to the base line at the back of the stage. Movement creativity is allowed during the promenade.
2. Competitors move to the middle of the stage in one line and in numerical order.
3. A whole line performs quarter turns. It is assessed: the symmetry, proportionality, shape of the figure.
4. After quarter turns finalists are asked to leave the stage.
Announcement of the results is as follows:
1. The top 6 competitors are called onstage.
2. Six finalists in order from 6th place to 1st place are awarded with prizes.
3. At championships, top three finalists receive gold, silver and bronze medal.
Performance on stage:
Competitors are invited to walk through the stage in broad beach shorts, which must be directly above the knee and below the navel. Shirts and shoes are not allowed as well as any rude gestures. Judges are looking for an athlete with the best presentation of himself compared to his personality, which is presented to the audience. Logos on shorts are not allowed.
Clothes for all rounds: loose beach shorts, which must meet the following criteria:
1. The competitor may choose a material and color by himself
2. Neither tight nor elastic shorts ale allowed
3. No logos of sponsors are allowed on shorts – however, the manufacturer’s logo is allowed
4. Neither jewelry nor other accessories are allowed
Shoes – no
Color – it is recommended Pro Tan or any other spray tan
Mr. Physique to 170 cm (inclusive)
Mr. Physique than 170 cm